Q: Car revving at 2,000 RPM in neutral & park - 2007 Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG

My car has been revving at 2,000 RPM in the gears Neutral and Park. Once I have shifted into gear, it drops to a better normal 1,000 RPMs. The dealership had told me that they would replace the engine mounts. They also have done some maintenance on my car in the past and have recommended a brake flush, spark plug replacement, gas filter replacement, and service a which is something to do with the brakes. The information was rather uncertain and I’m not sure what to believe or trust. There price of over 2,000 is staggering. What do you think the RPM problem might be? Thank you.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. There is a technical bulletin that covers a leaking intake manifold in front of and below the throttle body of the manifold. The car could have a deformed intake manifold that would need to be replaced. This may be reason for the broken motor mounts and fouling spark plugs besides the high idle. If you would like a second opinion on this, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can examine the high idling issue in person to verify repairs that are needed.

3. Car revving at 2,000 RPM in neutral & park - 2007 Mercedes Benz CLS63 AMG