Q: Car jumps while driving and has trouble going into gear.

asked by on December 22, 2015

When I start and stop the car it seems to have trouble going into gear. The car also jumps when driving.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you have a manual transmission you may have an issue with your clutch. Automatic or manual transmissions can have electrical issues causing gear selection to be difficult. The jump you are referring to sounds like a hard shift. You may have some internal damage to your transmission. I would recommend getting it inspected by an expert.