Q: 335d p20ee code, SCR metering valve cleaning

How hard is it to clean the SCRA metering valve? My ses light is on and the code is p20ee and I was told this valve is probably clogged with urea crystals.

The valve is accessible but testing, which is performed coincident to cleaning, requires a BMW specific bi-directional scan tool. The scan tool is used to remotely actuate the valve to see if it is even working. There are other causes of the trouble code that you are writing in about, namely a faulty NOx sensor, issues with the diesel exhaust fluid storage and the selective catalyst reduction (SCR) catalyst itself could be degraded. To obtain a quote for both cleaning and inspection, please use YourMechanic’s service request page. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. 335d p20ee code, SCR metering valve cleaning