Q: my alarm went off when I opened door w/ key. Now it won't start. What can I do? Is there a time period it will start up again?

My car was parked, when I put my key in door and opened it, the alarm went off. Finally got it to stop but, now car won't start. Is there a time period before it will? What can I do?

If you have a key fob, I would recommend locking and unlocking the doors with that to see if this resolves the issue. If you do not have a key fob, you can try to lock and unlock the doors again with the key to see if the same thing happens again. It is likely that this could resolve the issue as well. Finally, if all else fails, you could attempt to disconnect the battery and leave the doors unlocked. Leave the battery disconnected for about twenty minutes. Reconnect the battery and try to start the vehicle.