Q: I have a 2001 bmw x5 4.4i. When driving over 30 mph and turning right I hear a humming sound and when braking and turning right the vehicle shakes.

asked by on December 01, 2016

I have a 2001 bmw x5 4.4i when driving over 30 mph and turning right i hear a humming sound and when braking and turning right the vehicle shakes violently. Only turning right.

Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement $142.16 - $633.18 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the wheel lug nuts and make sure that they are tight. When turning and you hear a loud humming noise, this is usually the lug nuts loose and the wheel rubbing the brakes or the wheel bearings are burned up into dust having metal rub against metal. To check the wheel bearings, raise up the vehicle and put it onto jack stands. Take a pry bar and lift up on the wheels and see if the wheels move and not the suspension. If the wheels move only, then the wheel bearings need replaced. I suggest replacing both front wheel bearing hubs as a set. If you need further assistance with the humming noise when turning, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.