Q: How do you transfer a phonebook to the hands-free system?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do you transfer a phonebook to the hands-free system?

There are two ways to add phonebooks to the hands-free system in your car, and the method you use will depend on your phone (not on the car). If you have a phone that supports automatic phonebook transfers, the process is automatic and you don’t have to do anything. However, if your phone doesn’t support automatic transfer, then you’ll need to follow these steps:

1. Press the talk button and wait for the tone.

2. Say “transfer entry”.

3. Say the name you want to add.

4. Say the phone number for the entry.

5. Say “store” and the number will be saved.

You can also use the automated transfer method.

2. Say “transfer entry.”

3. Initiate the transfer from your phone (see your phone’s manual for how to do this).

4. Say “store” to save the number.

Tip

The transfer function doesn’t work if the car’s moving, so make sure you’re parked.