Q: Front windshield wipers do not work--washers still work, fuse is good 2010 Dodge Nitro

I have a 2010 Dodge Nitro Heat 4x4 with 3.7L...during the cold weather the front windshield wipers quit working halfway through their cycle. I was able to push them back down to their resting cycle with some difficulty. . I have checked the fuse and swapped it out with the same fuse to assure the fuse was good. The washer and rear wiper still work (even though they are on separate fuses). I hear no noise and do not smell anything. I have read that the 2007 models had a faulty electrical module (the TIPM??) but it seems to be related to wipers and lights coming on suddenly. I have also talk to people with similar vehicle and said the multiswitch on their steering columns had gone bad. Any thoughts? I would like to discuss with you to assure we are troubleshooting the correct problem. Thank you.

Windshield Wiper/Washer System Inspection $103.14 - $127.87 Get a Quote

Hi - the sudden nature of this failure would suggest a fuse or other electrical link, but you have checked the obvious. Further diagnosis is needed to determine which component in the electrical power chain has failed - switch, electrical wiring, or the wiper motor itself. I would suggest an electrical component failure by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.