Q: smoke is coming out from left side power control window switch

I was driving to work and all of a sudden smokie started coming out from my side door from the window control power switch. It smells like burnt. I stopped my car and my dad picked me up. He drove car back, smoke didnt come out anymore. Is it safe to drive?

A: Hi there. It sounds like either the switch ...

Hi there. It sounds like either the switch may have burned out. It is a rare occurrence, but it has happened. You car is safe to drive. Toyota actually has issued a recall for this particular concern; the Yaris is included with that recall. You would need to contact your local Toyota dealer to verify if your vehicle is a part of that recall; have the VIN number ready. If it is not a part of the recall, I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to determine what caused the switch to burn out and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an electrical problems inspection.