Q: How do you erase the garage door codes programmed into the universal remote?

How do you erase the garage door codes programmed into the universal remote?

A: While the universal garage door opener in y...

While the universal garage door opener in your car is certainly handy, there are times that you might want to erase the codes you’ve stored. You may be selling the car or trading it in. You may be moving to a new home, or handing the car down to a college age child. Here’s how you erase those codes:

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. Press both outside buttons at the same time.

3. Hold them for about 20 seconds.

4.Watch for the LEDs to flash quickly.

1. When the lights flash, let go of the buttons.

2. Verify that all codes are erased (the remote should no longer work the garage door).