Q: I step on the gas it feels like it is forced to accelerate and the rpm's shoot up. The obd 2 scanner reads po700.

asked by on June 25, 2016

when I step on the gas it feels like it is forced to accelerate and the rpm's shoot up. The obd 2 scanner reads po700. I don't want to damage the car, should I not drive it? Can I prevent a costly repair by adding Lucas transmission fix in the meantime? how can I temporarily alleviate the issue so that I can drive it to a mechanic as is? Again, I don't want to harm the engine/transmission

The code P0700 is for the transmission having a problem. I would recommend checking to make sure the fluid is full and not pouring in any additives until the problem is diagnosed. If the fluid is full and it does not smell burnt and dark, then have a mechanic diagnose your acceleration problem to see if the transmission is slipping or not. I do not recommend driving too far or you may do more damage to the transmission.