Q: Power loss/bucking

Hi, I have an older Honda crv, I am the second it in really good condition, extremely clean under hood etc. Today on the freeway check engine light came on. Lost power on acceleration (won't go over 64) then started bucking. Turned it off for a bit. Light still on but let me drive normal , as long as 64 /under. As soon as I tried to accelerate more to pass another lost power and began bucking again. Second owner, clean under hood...great condition on buying it. Never had problems until today. I did have to park it on dirt hill, half in Street due to parking situation at home. Wondering if the dirt clogged something or maybe its just time for tune up....either way oil stop gave me code for C02 sensor and rocker arm????

A: Hello. If your vehicle has thrown trouble c...

Hello. If your vehicle has thrown trouble codes for a sensor and rocker arm then it may very well be possible that those are the related to your power loss issue. I would need to know the exact codes that you have retrieved, however an issue with a sensor or rocker arm can definitely cause performance issues if they are faulty. Power loss can also be caused by a wide variety of other issues. A few common causes are issues with the fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. If any of the components to these systems, such as the fuel pump, ignition coil, or MAF sensor fail they can result in performance issues. I would start with addressing the codes you retrieved and then move from there. If you would like to have an expert check this for you, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to test the vehicle and diagnose the loss of power problem.