Q: What can cause my oxygen sensor to get damaged during a oil change and fuel system cleaning?

asked by on October 02, 2016

Check engine light came on and it's from the oxygen sensor

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. The oil change would not damage an oxygen sensor. The fuel system cleaning could possibly cause this condition, but it depends on the cleaner type and mixture. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr