Q: Van surges and transmission shifts hard. Driving down the road you can feel the engine kick back. Sometimes will die down and cut

My van feels live the engine is surging. It feels like it's cutting back when accelerating. Transmission is shifting harder in gears. Engine has died down and cut off a couple of times.

Hey there. The transmission control module (TCM) helps regulate fuel efficiency and power while storing information about the transmission system in its memory. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears.

The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function.

Other components controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your car. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission shifting problem so that this can be repaired correctly.

• Van surges and transmission shifts hard. Driving down the road you can feel the engine kick back. Sometimes will die down and cut