Q: Ac temp only gets to 56 degrees

The air temperature at the vents in my car is only 56 to 58 degrees my manifold gauges are reading 32 on the low side and almost 225 on the high side. The car has a new evaporator, new expansion valve, new condenser and dryer. The system was evacuated and recharged but I am only getting the 56 to 58 degrees could I have gotten a bad expansion valve?

A: The pressures look good but a little high o...

The pressures look good but a little high on both the low and high side. This would all depend on outside temperature and humidity outside. When you want to see how cold your A/C can get out of the vents, then you should be running the blower on low speed with the setting on re-circulation mode. Let the vehicle run this way for about 10 to 15 minutes with all doors and windows closed.

This will get the interior to its coolest. Then look at the pressures and temperature. You should get a temperature of about 45 out of the vents for the pressure to be about 25 low and 190 high. If not and your pressures are higher, then you may be a little overcharged and should take a small amount of refrigerant out. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect your AC and let you know if any adjustments should be made.