Q: Truck stalls out when driving

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram pickup that has only 30,000 miles on it. For some reason, the truck has been stalling randomly. Obviously this is a huge problem, it started out as a problem right when starting. It would start then turn off right away. Now it is stalling at stops and once while driving! How do I fix this problem? The truck otherwise runs just fine.

A: Stalling issues can be not only dangerous b...

Stalling issues can be not only dangerous but nerve racking, as they can be often hard to predict. There are many possible causes, and to help the technicians narrow down the cause, it is recommended to track the time, temperature and condition under which the stalling occurs. Speaking as a technician myself, some of the most difficult issues to solve are the ones that only happen on an intermittent basis. If you can narrow down the details, that info needs to get to the technician working on it, so the baseline tests are appropriate. There is a possibility that the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve is sticking, or there is carbon build up in the throttle control system, maybe even a sensor issue. While it may be frustrating on your end, if the issue cannot be duplicated there is sometimes a need to perform certain repairs to help eliminate them as a cause.