Q: My car is misfiring and shaking

asked by on December 06, 2017

I recently took my car to a mechanic but he wasnt very helpful. My car had seemed to be running on 3 cylinders and has been shaking when i put the gas on so took my car in to get looked at all the guy did was rev my car and told me i should get a new coil pack so i did. Put it on and no change. I then decided to get new spark plugs. I was going to change them but i noticed roughly 1 inch of oil on my socket when i pulled it out. What is wrong with my car and what id causing all this.

The cause of the oil in the spark plug hole is going to be a leaking valve cover gasket and tube seals for the spark plugs are leaking oil into the spark plug holes. You will need to replace valve cover gasket seals and clean out any oil in the holes, then replace spark plugs and plug wires or coils to correct misfire from the oil getting on them and shorting the wires out.