Q: Change check transmission fluid

I was going to check my transmission fluid in my car, and I couldn't find the dipstick to check it with. So when the miles get up to 30,000 how do I change the CVT fluid? I want to do it myself. Is there a plug on the rear differential axles like there are on Hondas? Do you know where I can buy a service manual for my car? I haven't been able to find one so far. Thanks.

Hello there. The Nissan Versa and many newer vehicles do not come equipped with transmission dipsticks. The owner’s manual (which comes with the car) should have details for how the CVT transmission fluid is checked, as this is a service procedure. The Versa does not have a differential in the common sense since it is a front wheel drive vehicle. Front wheel drive vehicles use what is called transaxles, which is the transmission and front differential in one, but they are commonly just referred to as the transmission assembly. If you need help servicing your transmission fluid, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can perform this task for you.