Q: Replaced timing belt now car wont start 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser

i replaced the timing belt in a toyota prado 1997 manual petrol motor 5vz-fe 3.5l now the car wont start sound like there is no compression

Hi there - sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like the timing belt has possibly jumped a cog or three, or somehow the camshaft timing was somehow set incorrectly. If the timing belt tensioner was reused (rather than replaced), the belt may have jumped a cog. It’s also possible the cam phaser, the device that dynamically adjusts cam timing while the engine is running, was not reset properly. There should be a problem code set (Check Engine light or not) to give you an indication for cam timing too-advanced or retarded. This will help you determine which problem you have. For assistance, I recommend a timing belt service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Replaced timing belt now car wont start 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser