Q: car shakes at certain speed when i brake and step on gas

left side of tire has been clunking when i go over bumps but after whle now my car is starting to shake when i step on the gas and brake at the same speed say if im stuck i n traffic and i have to maintain that it starts to shake and when i brake and almost to a full stop it shakes so i dont kjno what to do

A: Hey there, Anytime you hear a clunking sou...

Hey there,

Anytime you hear a clunking sound coming from a tire when you go over a bump, it's most likely a problem with a CV joint, ball joints, lower control arm or the stabilizer bar joints and bushings. However, when you combine that "clunking" sound with the vehicle shaking during acceleration and deceleration, it could mean that the the components I mentioned above are about to fail completely. The shaking during braking could also be a warning indicator of worn out front brake pads, a damaged rotor or wheel bearing issues; which is common on 2000 to 2009 Ford front wheel drive cars.

This is a situation that should be handled as soon as possible, to avoid a potentially dangerous driving situation. Contact a local ASE certified mechanic to complete a road test first, which will allow them to properly diagnose the clunk and brake noise, repair what's broken, and get you safely back on the road. Thanks for contacting us, I hope your situation is resolved sooner rather than later!