Q: A humming sound as if it is coming from the air compressor.

My car is making a humming sound while driving. Sounds like it's coming from the air compressor. Once or twice the passenger side blew out hot air instead of cold air with the air conditioner on.

There are a few components behind the dashboard that may cause a humming noise as there are doors that open and close to direct air flow, motors that control them and the fan or blower motor which may make a humming noise when it is failing. If the noise is coming from under the hood, there may be a problem along the belt drive system. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and inspect the noise coming from your vehicle to offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. A humming sound as if it is coming from the air compressor.