Q: No start and has codes P1626 and P0463. 2000 Chevrolet Express 1500

l express 1500 had engine replaced, a week later truck shut off and would not start back. Engine is turning over and getting fire at all plugs. Scan tool shows code p1626, p0463. Has good fuel pressure on rail leading to the intake.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the fuel pump and see if its working. The code P0463 means that the fuel level sensor is not picking up what is in the vehicle. Make sure that there is fuel in the fuel tank and that the fuel is getting to the engine. If the fuel is getting to the engine and there is a full tank of fuel, then the fuel pump may need replaced to replace the fuel level sensor. For the code P1626, the ignition switch may be faulty causing the engine not to start. Try wiggling the key as the engine is trying to start. If the engine starts, then I recommend replacing the ignition switch. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.