Q: Shift lever wont go in park or other gears

My truck had no issues going into park or other gears till the jiffy lube worker got in the truck. It won't shift to park or other gears properly. Is it possible the shift cable is broke and cause a hard shift. It did have a hard shift from 10-15mph unless I didn't baby it. I figured that part out.

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is possible the shifter cable or its related components are damaged. They are typically visible from the bottom of the transmission. It should not be hard to inspect that area if you can get the vehicle safely lifted into the air. From there the shifter itself can be inspected, and the transmission fluid pan should be dropped for a deeper look. If you have not already informed the shop that this damage occurred under their control, you should do so. For more help with an inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Shift lever wont go in park or other gears