Q: My car starts, runs, and goes into gear but it won't move.

asked by on December 12, 2016

First my torque converter seal went bad so I replaced it myself. I have it all back together 100%. I put fuild in it and it's not leaking anymore. I started it up and let it warm up. I tried to pull it out of my garage but it won't move. You can hear the idle change when I put it in gear but it won't move. Also there's a loud noise that sounds as if it's coming from the bellhousing when I apply gas

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the torque converter bolts and make sure that they are installed into the flex plate. The sound is the torque converter hitting the sides of the bell housing. It also could be the flex plate being broke making the converter move around. For the transmission to not move but go into gear, this would be the torque converter issue with the sound that you described. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not moving when put into gear, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.