Q: Hi! What can cause the engine to shut off occasionally when shifting from reverse to drive in an automatic transmission? This has

The car has, on occasion, shut off while shifting from reverse to drive. There seems to be no pattern for when it is going to do this, as it happens very sporadically. It hasn't done it often (maybe once or twice), so I was wondering what could cause this. Thank you

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several things you can check, luckily if you are mechanically inclined at all you can check quite a few at home. To begin, make sure your idle air control valve and throttle body are clean and working correctly. Secondly, you will want to check your transmission fluid to make sure it is full. These may also be signs of a failing alternator or battery. Make sure both are working to spec, and that their connections are clean, dry, and tight. If the vehicle is still acting up, contact our service department to schedule an appointment with our technicians.

3. Hi! What can cause the engine to shut off occasionally when shifting from reverse to drive in an automatic transmission? This has