Q: My car will go down the road but rpm runs around 4 won't shift do you think it's just low on fluids

Will drive but rpm runs around 4 do you think it's just low on fluid

Hello, thank you for writing in. Low transmission fluid will absolutely cause the issues you are having. Checking the level and condition should be top priority, and if you have not changed the fluid and filter yet, consider doing so. During that process the bottom of the transmission can be examined, and the fluid can be checked for signs of metal and more serious issues. You can take any further testing that may need to be done from there. If the fluid was dramatically low, there may be a leaking seal or gasket that is going to give you more problems down the road. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department about scheduling an appointment.

3. My car will go down the road but rpm runs around 4 won't shift do you think it's just low on fluids