car will not start just get a click each time i try the k...

Q: car will not start just get a click each time i try the key

asked by on July 26, 2017

car has been starting the last few days just fine but today i got in and try to start it but just got a click at first the lights were on but trying it again i had no power what so ever, got a jump and it started right up then i would wait and it started right up a few more times let it set for 3-4 hour got in it and lights came on it try to turn over then after that just a click. if the starter was bad you would think it would of started up those other times. thank you can you help

Hi there. Typically when you hear a clicking sound when you turn the ignition key it’s due to faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection to verify this is what needs to be replaced.