Q: what sends signal to a TPS sensor

i like to know what is it that makes the TPS sensor work or what sends signal to it, my truck has no power and the TPS sensor is not working.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The throttle position sensor does not take inputs from anything, but instead it acts as an input to the ECU (the main computer). The ECU then uses it for engine performance. The sensor’s resistance will change depending on how wide open the throttle is. From there the change of resistance is used in various calculations by the ECU. If the TPS has failed, you will want to replace it. If the issue continue, you will want to check the electrical wiring. Worst case scenario, you may have an issue with the ECU unit itself. Also make sure the throttle is clean, dry, and tight so that the system is working properly. For more help with the system, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. what sends signal to a TPS sensor