07 murano will not change gears..at 60 mph 3500 rpms code...

Q: 07 murano will not change gears..at 60 mph 3500 rpms code P1778

asked by on June 24, 2017

07 murano car will not change gears..at 60 mph rpms at 3400 check engine code P1778

Hi there. The P1778 OBD-II trouble code is Nissan specific and indicates a problem with the step motor inside the transmission. The problem will be either with the electrical harness or the motor itself and will provide difficulty shifting. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to shift inspection to pinpoint the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.