Q: Will throttle body cause powertrain warning light to come on in my 2005 Jaguar X-type

Powertrain warning light is on - car goes into lump mode, but recovers after sitting for only a few minutes

Hello. If the throttle body is failing then it can cause the vehicle to go into reduced power mode and set a code in the computer. I usually start by scanning the computer for codes. By doing this I can see why the computer is turning on the check engine light. At that point I can see if the problem is the throttle body or something else. If you are planning on having this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the check engine light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/check-engine-light-is-on-inspection

3. Will throttle body cause powertrain warning light to come on in my 2005 Jaguar X-type