Hi, Could use a lot of help. I have a 2006 Audi A4, recen...

Q: Hi, Could use a lot of help. I have a 2006 Audi A4, recently purchased. Just recently the PRNDS lights are flashing, had it tested

asked by on July 26, 2017

Hi, Could use a lot of help & advice. I have a 2006 Audi A4, recently purchased. The PRNDS lights are flashing, had it looked at and was told it was the transmission module sensor, replaced it. Fine for short time, mechanic then told me it was the computer in the transmission. Help, how much is this to fix. Always something. Thank you

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having an issue with the TCM, or transmission control module. The issues you are having are classic of a TCM failure, and the issues will get worse. Unfortunately, there are no true repair for it other than replacing it. Prices for a replacement to be installed are going to vary depending on where you live, and the availability of parts and qualified technicians in your area. Luckily, this is not a tremendously hard repair to make. You are going to want to get several price quotes to find the best deal on the work and parts. This is not a service that we have pre-priced, and you will have to speak to the service department directly to see if there is a YourMechanic technician qualified for this repair in your area. Good Luck!