Q: Car jerks when accelerating in reverse & makes grinding noise. Is this a transmission or computer issue?

My car jerks after I have shifted into reverse and begin to accelerate. It jolts multiple times while reversing and makes a grinding noise. My car also continues to roll forward about a foot after being put into park. I'm wondering if these two issues are related and if they are, if they are a transmission issue or motor mount issue or computer issues. I've heard of all three of these being an issue related to the symptoms I explained above

Hi there. Typically when you hear a grinding noise when you move forward or in reverse it’s usually an indication of a gear fault either in the transmission or another driveline component. If this occurs only when in reverse, it’s likely a damaged reverse gear. It is also possible that it’s a hydraulic fluid issue not supplying enough lubrication or pressure inside the lines to fully open the gear. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection, so they can diagnose the source of your issue and recommend repairs that should resolve this problem.

3. Car jerks when accelerating in reverse & makes grinding noise. Is this a transmission or computer issue?