Q: Car doesnt turn smell gas and explosion like noise from under hood

2005 mustang I turn the car on wont start up it wants to turn on but then I hear a loud explosion like sound from under the car hood and a bad smell of gas as well so I try starting it again I get the same results?

You need a mechanic to come and check the vehicle to see if the fuel system is leaking onto or into the engine causing the problem. The loud explosion sound may be backfiring and will need to be checked to see if there is timing chain problems. A certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the hard start and help you move forward with repairs.