Q: Vehicle not accelerating as it should

when trying to accelerate the vehicle doesn't respond as quickly as it should this happened after the check engine light came on earlier today

Hello. Thankfully the Check Engine Light came on. These issues are easier to diagnose when the engine’s computer has already detected what systems are showing issues. The first step is going to be to get the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This will tell you what triggered the light, and most likely what your issue is. Sometimes you will receive multiple codes, and will have to find the common component between them. Getting a car scanned can be done by a technician or at most automotive part supply stores.

3. Vehicle not accelerating as it should