Q: Car overheats when I turn air conditioner on

asked by on February 03, 2016

I can use the air conditioner when my car is idling, but the engine overheats if the air is on when driving. It is leaking fluid onto the road.

The cooling system has two fans on most cars and one works to keep the engine cool with the A/C off and the other comes on when the A/C is on. The leaking fluid may be coolant from the radiator. The best thing to do is have the system checked to prevent the engine from overheating and causing additional engine damage. I recommend you have a certified mechanic inspect your overheating issue, so that you can have the correct repairs completed.