Q: Coolant light keeps coming on

My car has gone 90,000 miles.The dashboard recently started showing the coolant light on. After I filled it with antifreeze, the one made specifically for BMW, I continued driving. I drove the car very shortly and the coolant light turned on again. I checked the oil and it's at a proper level. The car hasn't been overheating. There are no unusual noises or smells either. Except for the coolant light, the car has no other issues and it runs well. What should I do?

A: Hello. It sounds like there may be a coolan...

Hello. It sounds like there may be a coolant leak somewhere that is hard to find. It would be a good idea to have the coolant system pressurized and inspected for leaks. By adding pressure to the coolant system, it will force the leak if one exists. It is also possible that the coolant was very low and when you filled it up the first time there just wasn’t enough coolant. You can try to put more in and see if that helps. Have the coolant system inspected for leaks by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic.