Q: Air bags deployed after hitting a bump, and getting stuck on front bumper. Can a friend who's been a mechanic fix the problem? How much this is going to cost?

asked by on December 01, 2016

I was heading out of work last night, and my front bumper was practically knocked off my car (it was already loose and ziptied together) and was dragging on the ground when I left work, when I hit a bump in the road, the tires stuck to the bumper and my air bags deployed. My SRS light had already been flickering on and off every time I re started my car and I was wondering how much this is going to cost to replace the air bags. (I already fixed the front bumper.)

Sent billing question to CS about the cost of replacing airbags that were deployed from the bumper coming off. The bumper was already fixed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr