idle high while moving and when stopped it will idle norm...

Q: idle high while moving and when stopped it will idle normal its a manual

asked by on October 31, 2017

My truck will not run right when i drive it. I will put it in gear, let out the clutch then it will automatically will keep climbing through rpms even though my foot is taken off the gas pedal I take it out of gear while moving and it starts revving extremely high it doesn't have a rev limiter so i put it in 3rd to try and idle it down to come to a stop and feather the clutch just enough so it doesn't rev so high and bog the engine a little so i don't blow the motor or over heat it. I pull it out of gear at a stop and it idles normal and then I take off again i went through every gear and in between gears it revs extremely high and i don't touch the gas in between gears and in reverse it doesnt rev, just while moving forward. i was on the freeway today and i didnt touch the gas at all it like drove by its self. then when i take it out of gear it revs really high. i dont have cruise control on at all

You need to check the throttle body and pedal when engine is not running to make sure it opens and closes all the way and does not bind at all. If it binds then disconnect throttle cable and see if moving the throttle body by hand it still binds? if it does then replace throttle body. If all this works normal then replace the idle air control valve.