Q: Q: Car won't go into reverse

The car will not go into reverse. The reverse lights come on, but the car still moves forward. Even when in neutral, the car moves forward.

Hi. Since the reverse lights turn on when you shift into gear, that is a clear indication that the mechanical portion of the shift linkage is working. I believe the shift solenoid inside the transmission might be stuck open or closed depending on the way its configured. The shift solenoid will need to be replaced so that you are able to shift to the correct gear. I suggest having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic diagnose and repair your vehicle.

3. Q: Car won't go into reverse