Q: Window off track

asked by on February 08, 2016

The passenger's side window comes off the rail sometimes when it is rolled down.

Window Motor / Regulator Assembly Replacement $162.01 - $1032.46 Get a Quote

If the window is consistently coming off of the track then most of the time this is the result of a worn out window regulator. If the regulator is not moving evenly on both sides or if the window holding wedge it not getting tight then the regulator needs to be replaced. A mechanic would remove the door panel and watch the movement of the regulator to verify that it is binding and see what needs to be replaced.