Q: Possible braking issue.

I'm not sure how long this has been going on for but I noticed yesterday that, when I came off the highway and started to decrease my speed, I did not need to touch my brake. The car quickly decreased in speed as soon as I took my foot off the gas. I basically coasted to a complete stop without ever touching the brake. Is this normal or could something not be right here?

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your vehicle is new enough that there should be a manufacturer warranty so do avail yourself of that protection. If you believe the brakes have actuated, or are sticking, in one of these episodes, simply pull over and measure (or roughly judge) rotor temperature. If you have not touched the brakes, the rotors will be relatively cool and if so, the the "rolling stop" without brake application has other causes and those can include underflated tires that cause lots of drag or perhaps the transmission is downshifting in some unusual manner. Downshifting of course causes engine braking to a degree. If you desire that the car be inspected by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a brake system inspection and the responding certified mechanic will investigate your concerns and get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.