Q: Car slightly jerks, stalls, and then restarts

After driving just so far, my car will slightly jerk and then sometimes stalls. But then it will restart with no problems. The check engine light comes on, however it goes off once I come to a stop. I replaced the o2 sensor, throttle positioning sensor, the catalytic map sensor, and redid all the vacuum lines. What is the cause for this jerking/stalling and what will fix it?

A: Hello. A faulty coil pack is likely the cau...

Hello. A faulty coil pack is likely the cause of the issue you are having. A less likely cause could be a clogged fuel filter or fouled spark plugs. I suggest that you have a technician inspect your coil pack to be sure it has voltage and ohm readings according to manufacturer's specifications, also be sure it has a good electrical contact.

The technician should test the fuel pressure of the system as well. Make sure the fuel pressure reaches the manufacturer's specifications. Also inspect the spark plugs for oil fouling and bad electrodes.

If you'd like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can perform these checks and properly diagnose your stalling issue.