Q: My daughter has a 2013 elantra and flexible coupling problem. Why is it expensive for that small piece needed and can you give quo

asked by on February 10, 2018

I want to know why is it so expensive to change the flexible coupling at dealer. I understand the labor but wow $400 is alot ..can you give me a estimate and do you provide warrenty on this type of service.

If you are referring to the flexible coupler in the steering system, Hyundai has implemented an extended warranty for the motor driven power steering (MDPS) coupling on the 2007-2015 Elantra (HD, MD/UD) and 2009-2012 Elantra Touring (FD). If you have one of these models, the extended warranty will cover you through 2023 or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This warranty extension applies to all original and subsequent owners of the affected vehicles. If this is the failed component, simply bring the vehicle to any Hyundai new car dealer and reference NHTSA ID Number: 10110926 and Manufacturer Communication Number: 5NP-F8M5G-03. If this is not the coupler that you are referring to (e.g., there are flexible exhaust couplers), please re-contact us so we can resolve the issue. As well, if confusion ensues regarding the warranty claim, feel free to re-contact us as well. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.