Q: Crankshaft position sensor causing check engine light to come on.

Hello, I have a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse 2.4 liter with auto transmission. I took the car to get check engine light read and it read that the crankshaft position sensor was bad. The motor was replaced before I got it, and the car has no running troubles and starts right up. Could it be due to the engine being replaced? Thank you.

A: The first step to take would be to have a c...

The first step to take would be to have a check engine light is on inspection performed by a qualifed professional. This will help to deterimine if the crankshaft position sensor is faulty or not. Consider YourMechanic as a certified professional can come to your home or office to determine if your crankshaft position sensor is faulty. If the crankshaft position sensor is working as it should, this inspection will also include determining what else might be the cause. If the crankshaft sensor is diagnosed to be faulty, I would recommend having the cranshaft position sensor replaced