Q: Car won't drive

I was leaving the grocery store and my car wouldn't start. After finally messing around with car I got it to start but it would go over like four miles per hour. Everything under the hood was shaking and the engine was actig like it wanted to quit and then it would rev, even with my foot all the way on the brake when the engine would rev, my car would scoot forward, I pages to have it towed home, now I need help to figure out what is wrong!

A: Based on the information you gave, there co...

Based on the information you gave, there could be several potential causes, including an engine misfire, faulty fuel pump, or a vacuum leak. You didn’t mention if your Check Engine Light is on, but I feel it is likely to be on. The Check Engine Light indicates that diagnostic trouble codes are stored. The first step is to read the diagnostic trouble codes to determine what system needs further testing. I recommend enlisting the help of a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and knowledge to properly determine the cause of your starting issue.