Q: If passenger airbag is missing, shouldnt a light be going off in the car to indicate it isnt there?

I recently purchased (yesterday) a 2009 Dodge Journey and when I got home I noticed the area where the passenger air bag should be was propped open a little. I opened it up to see no air bag at all in there. There are no cords or anything. Shouldnt a light be going off in the car to indicate the air bag is not there? Also if someone removed all the wiring and old bag and never replaced it, isnt that illegal, tampering?

Some vehicles were designed to have an option to not have a passenger airbag. That maybe the possibility why there is no airbag. If you were to dig around in the dashboard and find wires tied together, then someone removed the airbag and closed off the wiring to trick the computer thinking that an airbag is hooked up. That is illegal, but the possibility of finding the individual who did it is slim to none. If you need further assistance with your airbag, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. If passenger airbag is missing, shouldnt a light be going off in the car to indicate it isnt there?