Q: Noticed some steam or smoke coming from engine, not a lot though. Cars not overheating. What could it be?

Noticed some steam or smoke coming from engine, not a lot though. Cars not overheating. What could it be?

If the car is not overheating, a likely cause of smoke or steam is coolant, oil, or other fluid leaking onto a hot engine part, such as the exhaust manifold, and vaporizing. If the smoke or steam is a regular occurrence, and if the material is oil or power steering fluid, leaks onto the hot exhaust manifold create a risk of fire (coolant leaks do not have that risk, of course) and in that circumstance it is not recommended to use the car until the leak is resolved. If you suspect a leak, the origin can be pinpointed, and a repair estimate prepared, if you request an oil/fluid leak diagnostic. Once that diagnostic is complete, the mechanic can let you know of your repair options and costs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Noticed some steam or smoke coming from engine, not a lot though. Cars not overheating. What could it be?