Car reads "Pressure Control Valve 3V". I believe it has t...

Q: Car reads "Pressure Control Valve 3V". I believe it has to do with a solenoid.

asked by on October 20, 2016

Need to get the car fixed but need to know what exactly needs to be fixed I know my car does something when shifting gears

Hello. I would need to know some more information about what you car is doing to be able to help with a diagnosis. If it is giving a pressure control code then most of the time this is caused by a pressure control solenoid. Unfortunately on this vehicle it can also mean it is a bad transmission control module or even an internal transmission failure. All of these are common. I would definitely check the transmission fluid level first as low fluid will cause this. Then I would pressure test the transmission to determine if this is an electrical or mechanical issue. This type of problem is best left to a transmission specialist to diagnose. If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and further diagnose the trouble code firsthand.