Q: Why would me 2002 Honda CR-V make a squealing noise when hitting the gas

My car is making a squealing noise when I press on my gas from a complete stop. I'm assuming it's the belt. How much to fix this problem?

Hello. This noise can come from a few different things. You are right that most of the time it is caused by a failing or loose belt. If the belt is loose then it may be the tensioner that is failing. If the belt and tensioner are fine then the issue may be the alternator. It is common for a bearing in the alternator to fail and cause this. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is making a squealing noise] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/loud-squealing-or-rattling-is-coming-from-engine-inspection

• Why would me 2002 Honda CR-V make a squealing noise when hitting the gas