Q: I have XJ8l 207. I have a ploblem, the battery died on me and the system whet down. I charge the battery, but keeps on loosing power.

my car cannot apply the parking brake.

Hi there. For the battery to be going dead on your vehicle, there could be a parasitic load on the battery (something on when the key is off). To check this condition, perform the following steps:

• Remove the negative battery cable (-) from the battery
  • Take a digital volt meter and hook it up to the negative battery cable (-) and the negative battery post (-)
  • Record any voltage reference that would be shown on the volt meter
  • Go in the cab to where you can see the volt meter and operate everything in the cab one thing at a time until the volt meter read 0 or near 0 volts
  • Replace any parts that are related to the item that changes the voltage on the volt meter

If you need further assistance with your battery issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I have XJ8l 207. I have a ploblem, the battery died on me and the system whet down. I charge the battery, but keeps on loosing power.