Q: My car overheated with smoke coming out, I found antifreeze all over the engine and the temperature gauge was high

asked by on November 10, 2016

My question is what do you think the problem is?

Sounds like something is rubbing against the breaks rotors.

The most common cause of the brake noise you are hearing is the brake pad metallic material it is made of will cause a loud scrapping noise intermittently. You should have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you...

I have a2007 Mazda cx7 and the serpentine belt broke causing power steering to go out this is the second time this has happened in

The coolant that got on the belt and pulleys caused the belt to come off. You should have all the pulleys cleaned off of coolant and replace the belt. Check all the pulleys and tensioner for any problems before installing...

My odometer and the rpm does not work on my 2005 Q56 infinity.

This could be related to a couple of possibilities. The [instrument voltage regulator]((https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/instrument-voltage-regulator-replacement) regulates the voltage supplied to the various gauges in your vehicle’s dash. When this is not working properly, this may cause the gauges in your dash to...

cam shaft location on 2007 honda odyssey

Hello, thank you for writing in. The camshaft is one of the main interior components of the engine. They are used to open and close valves on time to keep the engine running properly. Replacing them is something that you...

Our 1995 Isuzu Rodeo has black smoke from the tail pipe and it is chugging and we think it is the oxygen sensors. Could it be something else?

Hi there. There could be an issue with the fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, or the spark plugs. Check the spark plugs and see if they are wet with fuel. Black smoke is a sign of excessive burning fuel. Check...

Fuel and temperature gauge needles stopped working

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. I believe that the entire instrument cluster may be faulty. It is highly unlikely that nearly all of the gauges will fail at once. I suggest that you have a technician inspect...

Car shaking

Vibration at idle is due to either failed motor/transmission mounts or an engine operating condition that causes a rough idle. If you are getting vibration through the steering wheel at speed, the most common cause is a wheel/tire imbalance although...

Coolant seems to disappear

If this "just started", it may be that there was trapped air in the system, since you did the water pump replacement, and so all you are doing is providing make up coolant at the moment. But, if the coolant...

My 2005 Infiniti g35 rolls all of the windows down when I turn the car off and open the door.

Hi There, This is usually a problem with the power window motor, the regulator or the fuse. The power window motor is what actually operates the window up and down when you push the switch. The regulator is what actually...